Pros and Cons of Arbitrating Wage and Hour Claims After
Epic Systems v. Lewis
Hosted by Thomson Reuters and the Wage & Hour Defense Institute
Join Practical Law and the Wage & Hour Defense Institute for a free, 75-minute webinar discussing the US Supreme Court’s Epic Systems Corp. decision and its impact on the arbitration of federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage and hour claims. Speakers Paul Bittner of Ice Miller LLP (Columbus, OH) and Carrie Hoffman of Foley Gardere Foley & Lardner LLP (Dallas, TX), both members of the Wage & Hour Defense Institute, will discuss Epic Systems Corp. and the pros and cons of arbitrating wage and hour claims, including:
Register with the form on the right.
- Understanding the Epic Systems Corp. decision.
- Comparing the litigation and arbitration forums.
- Preparing a mass arbitration strategy.
- Reviewing existing arbitration provisions for potential problems.
- Understanding an employee’s contractual defenses.
- Complying with differing state law, such as prohibitions against mandatory arbitration of sexual harassment claims.
Paul Bittner of Ice Miller, representing the Wage & Hour Defense Institute (WHDI)
Carrie Hoffman, Partner, Foley Gardere
Practical Law provides practical, up-to-date resources across all major practice areas to help lawyers in law firms and in-house legal departments get up to speed quickly, save time and protect the bottom line.
If you wish to test your computer system prior to the webinar, please click here.